Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Lacking the killer instinct...

Today I...

...showed up at work because I thought i was scheduled. Turns out I wasn't, but they let me work anyways and I got paid for it!

...raced for the first time on the road since May 12. Managed to get myself to the fairgrounds crit in time for the women's race. Lining up at the start line, I realized that this was the largest local women's field I've ever raced with. All the big names were racing, even after the NVGP. I got really excited with about 10 laps to go, attacked several times during a one lap period, and then ungracefully got popped off the back. I'm an idiot... oh well! It showed me I've got some work to do on my race form.

...ate a pint of ice cream after the race. Second idiot move today. But I just couldn't stop.

...resolved to eliminate ice cream from my diet.

shower time!

love steph

No comments: